- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Merlin Entertainments is offering you an exciting opportunity to expand our guest base by offering them the unique opportunity to experience all of our great attractions in the Orlando area!
The Orlando Eye is a 400ft observation wheel, providing unrivalled breath-taking views of Central Florida in all directions within fully enclosed, air-conditioned glass capsules.
SEA LIFE is the world’s biggest aquarium brand with more than 40 attractions across the world. Each attraction opens a window into the magical world beneath our seas.
Madame Tussauds is the ultimate celebrity interactive experience, where you can get up close and personal with A-list celebrities, sporting legends, political heavyweights and historical icons.
Welcoming more than 40 million guests a year, our attractions are the embodiment of everything our business stands for, and talented and motivated people are what really bring our attractions to life. We are recruiting Street Sales Host to sale our ticket packages to guest outside of our building.
We are now looking for an Accountant to be an integral member of the attractions Finance Team. You are responsible to assist the Finance Manager in overseeing all accounting functions for the attraction. Your main duties include daily accounting operations; handling treasury and cash management functions; carrying out month-end closing; assisting the preparation of various kinds of financial reports & analysis and to perform any ad-hoc assignments. Duties include:
• Month end closing
• To ensure that capitals spend is correctly recorded
• To ensure the completion of allocated balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Processing and banking of all types of payment received from customers
• Preparing & posting of AR invoices, distribution of statements, of payments outstanding and debtors’ ledger reconciliation.
• Batching of AP authorised invoices and inputting the data to the ledgers. Check runs.
• Preparing the daily flash report, weekly statistic report, weekly cash flow forecast, monthly hyperion reports for submission to the Group Finance in UK
• Inter-company reconciliations; agree inter-company balances on or before the set deadlines.
• Experience with cash control policies and/or procedures in attraction/retail environments
• Liaison with tax authorities on statutory requirements and with internal and external auditors
• Assist the Finance Manager on various reports for the UK headquarters
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organizational skills with an outgoing and professional manner. As a team player you will need to be flexible to working hours and be computer literate and possess the ability to network consistently and effectively.
In return, you can expect a great benefits package including Pension Scheme, Recognition Awards and continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization. Salary $45K.
4 year Bachelor degree or 2 year Associates degree with relevant experience