Systems Analyst / Business Intelligence
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Under limited supervision the Business Intelligence Analyst provides support for all Business Intelligence initiatives. In addition, determine internal and external customer requirements, perform complex research and analysis, develop reports and provide recommendations to improve performance and assist in strategic decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research and defines project scope and objectives. Works directly with department personnel and Information Technology from concept through implementation with minimal guidance.
- Ability to create and support complex SQL reports and perform analysis
- Develops effective reporting methods and participates in efforts to continually improve data collection and analysis. Analyzes discrepancies in existing reports, makes recommendations and completes updates.
- Modify existing reports using data visualization techniques to simplify results.
- Conducts market research, provides competitive data and analyzes how CFE compares to local, regional and national competition.
- Identifies manual processes in reporting and assists in project to automate.
- Subject matter expert on specified systems or applications and provides technical assistance to end user if necessary. Serves as point of contact between departments and Information Technology for specified systems or applications.
- Manage functionality and daily operations of specified systems or applications.
- Maintain vendor contacts and relationships.
- Create and maintain documentation of software configurations
- Consistently meet assigned project deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
- Create accurate and timely reports from Credit Union systems, ensuring data validity.
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth understanding of the technical and functional architecture of assigned systems and integration.
- Collaborate with business units, vendors and technical staff to achieve business results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Performs such other duties as might be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years previous experience SQL programming along with strong PC skills in Excel, Access. Previous experience within a large financial institution helpful large data center experience desired. A four year degree is desired with emphasis in Information Technology, Business Statistics, and Marketing or equivalent job experience. CFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.