Loan Officer / Consumer Lending (weekends)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
POSITION IS BASED IN LAKE MARY.
FULL TIME WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week/10 hours daily - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
DAYS OFF: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday.
This position, which primarily staffs car sale events, is responsible for processing consumer loan applications received (non-mortgage), to include credit reports, debt ratio calculation, credit score calculation, approved/denial recommendation, cross sell of other loan products, member, staff or dealer notification, and preparation of closing documents. Also responsible for interviewing with both branch staff, members and auto dealers by telephone and online software to provide effective positive member relations.
Position will require travel in the four county area around Orlando, and also includes extensive on-site coverage at area auto dealers during credit union car sale events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide sound lending decisions to consumer loan applications submitted by members and area auto dealers.
- To be available to work on site at various auto dealer locations during credit union car sale events.
- Assist department staff in efficiently and effectively processing the various activities involved in granting credit.
- Provide input into decision making process; make loan decisions where appropriate and within realm of authority and responsibility.
- Clearly educate and inform branch staff and auto dealers as to decision logic and reasons considered in underwriting loan requests.
- Cross sell and up-sell members with CFE products and services that will be in their best interest.
- Participate in the various staff training opportunities both for new hires and existing staff.
- To be knowledgeable and versed in the duties and responsibilities of loan operations: including inputting and processing loan applications utilizing the loan operating systems in place.
Perform other duties or assignments as assigned by management.
Three to five years of experience as a consumer loan officer in a lending/financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.