Welder- Structural Steel
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Great opportunity for a welder seeking stable, long-term employment, with benefits, in a new, state-of-the-art plant producing structural steel components for commercial construction. This is an exciting opportunity not only to join an innovative, growing, family owned company, but also to help configure an efficient operation from the ground up.
• High School diploma or equivalent or two years carbon steel welding experience
• Specialty school welding certificate • Punctual, reliable • Ability to read and interpret shop drawings, bills of materials, and other direction, either hardcopy or on computer screen.
• Team and goal-oriented personality, working well with others to complete projects.
• Receive, understand, and execute work instructions and follow proper welding procedures
• Moves material to and from the work area.
• Moves welding equipment to material when necessary.
• Position component parts on a table held by a fixture, jib, forklift, overhead crane, or manually. Tacking when required.
• Welds on ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any require position
• Employees will be expected to assist with other shop functions as requested, such as cleaning and coating assemblies, operating a fork lift, operating an overhead crane, moving stock by various means, conducting dimensional layout, loading and unloading stock, and operating a truck with a clean insurable commercial driver license, among others.
• Leadership experience and skills are a plus.
• Candidates are highly desired who have a team and goal-oriented personality, working well with others to complete projects, and improve quality, safety conditions, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
• The work environment will be absolutely tobacco, alcohol, and drug free, including no e-cigarettes and no vaping.
• The company offers very competitive wage and benefits and a professional environment that will allow you to achieve your professional goals.
• We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.