Life Guard/Recreation Attendant
- Part Time
We celebrate the person you can become as much as the person you are today.
A career at Marriott is more than a job. It’s a future. You choose where you want to go, how you want to GROW, and we help make it happen. Expect opportunities to learn new skills, coworkers who share your enthusiasm, and recognition that REWARDS your success. If this is how you want to LIVE—challenged and supported to reach your own personal goals—you want to be at Marriott, where life just keeps getting better. Join us. We’re Marriott.
Positions are currently available at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes and the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. Positioned as a quiet retreat, we’re focused on delivering the luxury and service for which our brands are renowned, while the city’s top attractions are only minutes away. At Grande Lakes we’ll provide you with the tools and rewards you need to meet every challenge. Join us and experience our commitment to excellence, while redefining your future.
JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes is currently accepting applications for Life Guard/Recreation Attendant - JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes.( 160013NU):
- Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers in need of assistance.
- Observe the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility.
- Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
- Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures.
- Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines; move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested
FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott International as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the tenth consecutive year. Benefits may include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, career advancement, hotel room discounts and more.
Live • Reward • Grow
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.