- Full Time
BASIC FUNCTION: The Irrigation Technician has the responsibility of maintaining the systems of water by operating them properly and readjusting them as the seasons change for the golf courses.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have the ability to operate ground lawn power equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift and move 80 lbs. to maximum height of 48”, 50% of the time, daily.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to the golf maintenance team and guests.
- Reading, adjusting and maintaining the water sprinkler system and pump house.
- Checking and adjusting all water systems for peak performance and replacement.
- Assisting with the inventory and ordering of irrigation supplies.
- Storing equipment and materials properly and in the correct areas.
- Assisting the Grounds crew when needed on all job assignments.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to leadership.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/ work schedules.
- Maintaining the highest level of employee/ guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Responsible for requisitioning inventory of equipment parts.
- Assists in safety training with all employees.
- Has a full range of knowledge of controls, functions, and working manner of all equipment.
- Support other departments whenever possible through direct or indirect support.
- Provide guest service to the level of results in the targeted rate.
- Communicate daily with staff and other departments in regard to duties and activities.
- Responsible for department and equipment cleanliness, safety and appearance.
- Respond to any reasonable task requested by leadership.
ENVIRONMENT: Outdoor, mechanical shop, varied terrain, varied weather conditions.
About Our Property
Come build your future with Benchmark Hospitality International at The Villas of Grand Cypress
The Villas of Grand Cypress offers guests world class amenities and a choice of magnificent accommodations, including spacious Club Suites and elegant Villas with up to four bedrooms. All within walking distance of 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature - designed golf, an Academy of Golf, unparalleled recreation and diverse and decadent dining.
Why You Want to Work for Us!
Benchmark Hospitality International has determined our core set of values as: Integrity, Individual, Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Realism, Service and we believe in balanced system of Living, Learning and Leisure. These values are considered and applied in all aspects of our performance and relationships with others and everything we do has our guests and employees in mind.
What Our Employees Say About Us!
“Working at The Villas of Grand Cypress is like working with an extended family. Once you arrive on the peaceful and relaxing property, with the beautiful rolling greens and mature landscaping, it already feels like home”. The property has a unique sense of relaxed sophistication and service. Employees are encouraged and even challenged to make decisions to “Be The Difference” in everything they do! Being creative and entrepreneurial to think differently about how we provide service to the guest is a day to day occurrence.
Benefits offered to FT employees:
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Pay
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Free Meals at The Grand Cafe
- Free Golf for employees
- Employee & Employer Funded 401-k
- Hotel Travel Discounts at our sister properties
- Discounts with Partner vendors
- Recognition Programs
- An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V