Duty Manager Admissions - Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Career Level
Raise your sights with a career at the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at the Orlando Eye!
About The Role Manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience makers. We are now looking for an exceptional Duty Manager to oversee the smooth and safe running of our exciting attractions on a daily basis. The Duty Manager will lead the Operational and Commercial teams in their goal of delivering unique, memorable , and rewarding experiences to all our guests. Responsibilities:
- Assumes position of Duty Manager and Site Controller in rotation with Management Team; may also assume position of front line Team Member, Trainer, Team Lead, as needed.
- Ensure the attraction is presented and maintained to Merlin Entertainments, plc acceptable standards in all areas at all times.
- Monitors standards of service and guest response to overall product, through observations and guest comments.
- Monitors team performance in regards to achieving Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Mystery Visit targets.
- Recommends short and long term changes through feedback, daily reports and proposals.
- Coaches and motivates staff to provide best possible guest experience, to maximize sales opportunities and to ensure admission and commercial spend targets are achieved.
- Demonstrates strong service and sales approach; leading by example throughout the Attraction to maximize up-sells, product excellence, event delivery, etc.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of service industry experience with 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a visitor attraction, theme park, museum, hotel or theater environment; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience of maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of computer including Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- High school or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Flexible hours
- 30% discount in the retail store
- Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to all Merlin attractions worldwide
- Competitive 401K
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts through the Merlin Marketplace Website – on almost anything you buy online
- Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
- 30% discount at Skechers.com and Skechers stores
- FUN working environment and much more!
- About Us The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye is a 400ft observation wheel, providing unrivalled breath-taking views of Central Florida in all directions within fully enclosed, air-conditioned glass capsules. Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.