- Full Time
Summit Broadband Inc. is a fiber-based broadband provider delivering a connection that is up to 100 times faster than today's average broadband speeds with crystal clear high definition TV and quality phone service. Summit Broadband delivers the best in telecommunications services in Central and Southwest Florida with a growing team of 250 professionals. This growing, dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Database Analyst to join our team and grow with us.
Job Title: Database Analyst
Report to: Director, Business Operations
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Orlando, FL
The Database Analyst is responsible for analyzing, developing reports to meet enterprise-wide needs. They will also maintain database integrity as well as perform routine database maintenance. As a member of the Business Operations team, this position will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand their business information needs, gather requirements, design and build reporting solutions.
- Design, deploy, configure, and maintain SQL solutions, including: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and SSRS.
- Work closely with multiple teams to understand & implement report requirements.
- Investigate and refine operations via SQL performance tuning.
- Write queries, views, and stored procedures to satisfy company reporting & analytical needs.
- Perform query and report optimizations to increase efficiency of legacy reports.
- Create and document database procedures and practices.
- Maintain data warehouse solutions
- Create and maintain integrations to both internal and external applications through API and data feeds
- Coordinate development progress of projects with the Director.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 7 or more years of working experience with Microsoft SQL. Equivalent experience with MySQL, and PostgreSQL a plus.
- Knowledge of reporting tool MS SQL SSRS.
- 7 year experience with a programming language; Java and PHP a plus.
- Understanding of Telecommunications standards and reporting practices a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to pass criminal and drug test.
- Must have a clean driving record
- This position is located in Orlando but occasional travel within Florida may be required
Summit Broadband is a tobacco and drug free workplace.