Linux System Administrator $40,000 - $60,000
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Must have Linux experience. The System Administrator’s role is to translate business requirements into business solutions. This role includes designing, recommending, implementing, managing in-house servers, systems, and network environments to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help design, develop, and implement solutions, and to identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
• Improve fault tolerance throughout the infrastructure to prevent downtime
• Explore new or configure existing technologies with scalability in mind
• System performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
• Creating, maintaining, and restoring system backups.
• Design and develop tools and automated processes for monitoring, deployments, and data analysis and reporting
• Installing and upgrading system software and supporting operating system configuration in support of application and database software
• Closely monitor traffic, functionality and performance across the IT infrastructure
• Document processes and procedures with focuses on productive operations
• Promptly respond to and investigate problems in the live systems
• Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl programming and administration
• Linux command line proficiency.
• Familiarity with VoIP, SIP, IAX a big plus
o Asterisk, FreeSwitch, Least Cost Routing, OpenSIPS
• High Availability and Load Balancing.
• Ability to troubleshoot network problems using industry standard tools
• Familiarity with setup of Monitoring Software (e.g. Grafana, SmokePing, Cacti, Nagios, or similar)