HR Scheduling Coordinator
The Scheduler is responsible for ensuring sufficient staffing levels. They create weekly schedules, fulfill the maintenance of daily schedules, meet daily staff additions and maintain crewmember attendance records and track cash variances. The Scheduler also responds and resolves crewmember questions and concerns in a professional manner while exhibiting the company's universal service standards with their internal customers.
- Adhere to and implement the requirements for scheduling as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Union and DNCPR at KSC, Standard Operating Procedures, KSCVC policy as well as all federal, state and local labor law requirements.
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel to provide adequate staffing; advise crewmembers on policies, procedures and work duties.
- Understand and work within payroll parameters, to include monitoring crewmembers reaching overtime, Seventh day (7th ) and fourteenth day (14th) worked status.
- Monitor and assess attendance trends and anticipate the staffing needs of the operational departments.
- Maintain attendance records and cash variances of all crewmembers covered by the CBA.
- Coordinate scheduling of crewmembers for training classes.
- Advise management regarding the development of bid schedules and adjustments ensuring adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assist crewmembers with questions and concerns.
- Accurately input any schedule adjustments including sick time, vacation, absences, etc. to maintain database and create reports.
- Retrieve calls from the call-in number and document calls.
- Research and resolve crewmember concerns.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all managers, clients, agencies, coworkers and crewmembers to promote a quality service image.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and methodical. Must maintain calm demeanor under pressure.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel. Experience with Kronos Timekeeper a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including computer, fax machine, and telephone.
- Must portray a professional work ethic at all times and maintain a high level of confidentiality with highly sensitive employee data.
- Must have experience working in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be available to work flexible hours (days and/or evenings), including weekends and holidays. Must be available to work overtime as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent guest service skills.
- Work schedule includes working weekends and holidays.