- Career Level
Manage day-to-day maintenance of the Plant Utility,Packaging,and Distribution areas and functions including, but not limited to, facilities, refrigeration & cooling systems, steam system, water systems, compressed air system, electrical distribution system, packaging, concentrate blending and bulk packaging, tank farms, barreling, frozen dock, tanker loading/unloading, aseptic filling and storage, and inventory control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Insure compliance to Silver Springs Citrus programs and government regulations, as well as motivate personnel to work safely and maintain safe work environments, and participate on Safety Committee. Participate in Kaizen Team activities, assure resources for implementation. Schedule department personnel and contractors to maintain facility.
- Develop implement and maintain preventive maintenance program. Prepare & supervise preventive maintenance schedules & activities to maintain all systems. Oversee & control department personnel and contractors response to equipment corrective maintenance issues. Track & report all utilities, equipment, and personnel & contractor activities and issues on a weekly basis. Manage & complete hourly employees’ time records. Maintain current & future training plans & activities for self and department employees with regards to safety, quality, PSM, GMP, food safety, customer requirements, and equipment operation, maintenance, and repairs. Work with and communicate with management on issues which arise that could adversely impact operational performance of the facility. Write, review, train & maintain SOPs, pump down procedures, lock-out-tag-out procedures. Communicate & coordinate with vendors to assure compliance with terms of purchase orders or contracts and compliance to all company requirements. Participate in operational and capital equipment budget preparation.
Von Gal Palletizers
Tri Pack Bottle Sleevers
Label Aire Label Applicators
Krones Label Applicators
Lantech Strech Wrappers
Heuft Inspection Systems
Waukesha Pumps & Valves
Waukesha & Thermaline Pasteurizers
Johnston Firetube Boilers
Gardner Denver Air Compressors
Vilter Ammonia Compressors
SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have strong packaging and food processing skills, with knowledge and experience with processes used by the Company.
- Must have excellent people skills and the ability to manage and motivate maintenance personnel to develop a strong team.
- Must have ability to work well with other members of management.
- Must have ability to delegate effectively so as to not be tied to one area and neglect others.
- Must have knowledge and prior experience with PSM, RMP, HAZMAT, HACCP, GMP, Safety and Food Safety requirements and be able to assist us in being in compliance.
- Requires visual and auditory acuity, hand and eye coordination, finger dexterity and the ability to access all work areas.
- Ability to work in different work environments ranging from cold to hot.
- Ability to perform the job in timely manner consistent with industry norms and the company’s experience with the time required to perform the functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Related Technical field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance, engineering, or manufacturing. Background in food production environment preferred
Silver Springs Citrus is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.