Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
The YMCA of Central Florida is one of the top YMCA Associations in the nation. Through our strategic plan we will impact the lives of 600,000 residents and help to transform Central Florida communities for the better! The premier Dr. P. Phillips Y in Orlando has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our team as the Youth Development Director. This individual must have proven related experience overseeing programming for camp and child development.
This individual will be responsible for leading successful Family Center operations of all programs for youth, teens and families. Such programs include: Summer Camps, School Age Child Development, Teens, After School Programs, Health & Wellness, and Parent Child Enrichment programs. S/he will have responsibilities for staff recruitment, selection, development and retention; including career succession planning for their staff team. Analytical skills will be needed for utilizing available technology, reporting tools, and processes to recognize growth and retention opportunities within the department. This individual will ensure proper implementation of staff schedules and procedures to provide maximum awareness and opportunities for members / staff connections. S/he will evaluate effectiveness of all programs, manage and monitor all budgets, and resolve all matters that may arise with parents, children, staff and volunteers; keeping with the YMCA core values and procedures. The Director will work in collaboration with other department Directors to achieve the Association’s goals related to all Youth & Family services. The Youth & Family Services Director must be able to work a varied schedule based on business needs; which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required; education leadership, business management, recreation management or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in staff supervision and leadership required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing camp and child development programming required.
- YMCA operations or related industry experience highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle and Technogym experience a plus.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.