CONSTRUCTION SENIOR ESTIMATOR
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Walker & Company, Inc.is a Winter Park, FL based commercial general contractor serving the Florida market since 1974. A diverse general contractor, our experience spans all sectors of the industry, including multifamily, senior housing, educational, civic/institutional, healthcare religious and commercial construction.
CONSTRUCTION SENIOR ESTIMATOR
As a Senior Estimator you will prepare and/or coordinate complete estimates for Commercial Construction projects. You will be analyzing specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates and contract proposal estimates, to include the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Review schedules of projects being estimated
- Coordinate with estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project to meet affirmative action requirements and MBE/WBE requirements
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to production team
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Advise on major changes in scope of work.
- Monitor actual cost to estimated cost
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Search and analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction
- Understand best value approach to winning new work
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Support published corporate policies
Qualified candidates shall possess a minimum of 10 Years Commercial Estimating Experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
Walker & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.