General Plant Maint Tech I
Essential Functions: Note: Individual may not perform all of the responsibilities listed at a specific point in time, but will perform all of the responsibilities over an extended period of time.
- Perform any range of installation, preventive, and repair maintenance on HVAC systems.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical malfunctions, determine extent of repairs required, and perform any range of required repairs. Requires a good working knowledge of low voltage controls and electronics.
- Assist with construction, painting and carpentry operations to build or repair facilities as directed. Assist in installation or replacement of floor or ceiling tiles, doors, shingles, drywall and similar items and erection of temporary buildings, walkways, and similar facilities.
- Assist in performance of mechanical and structural preventive maintenance operations including checking of structural units for rust and deterioration, preparation, priming and painting, securing of loose molding, base and trim, checking proper mechanical operation of doors and similar units, inspection of roofs, floors and walls as directed.
- Perform a range of electrical, mechanical and electronic checks, repairs, and installations. Perform preventive maintenance routines as directed, including balancing circuits, checking amperage, voltage, motor speed, and similar elements, cleaning transformers and panels, contacts and other systems and adjusting elements such as belts and pulleys.
- Attend all company training relating to GuestPath (guest services), GreenPath (environmental management system), and safety awareness.
- Practice good housekeeping by managing work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Requires the use of hand and hand power tools, PLC’s, laptop computer, electrical and electronic test meters, oxyacetylene and mig welding and brazing equipment, test meters, recorders, machine tools, plumbing tools, paint sprayer, generators, fork lift truck, pallet jack, hydraulic lift, pumps and similar devices.
- Follow safety rules and wear proper PPE.
- Properly label refrigerant cylinders and appliances and correctly ship and transport refrigerants both on- and off-site and maintain required records.
- Ensure proper disposal of refrigerants and associated equipment, parts, and lubricants.
- Individuals generate hazardous or controlled waste during regular job activities and are responsible for ensuring that hazardous or controlled waste is properly managed in accordance with all applicable NASA, state, and federal requirements and regulations. Although it is not a routine part of this job, individuals may be responsible for labeling and inspecting waste accumulation containers. This position requires site specific waste management training including initial RCRA hazardous waste management training within six months of assignment. Individuals will also be required to attend annual refresher training to meet the requirements of 40 CFR 265.16.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent experience with completion of a certified apprenticeship program or trades school.
Experience: Requires extensive background/experience in control systems, chiller systems and in electrical field equipment to a complete accredited apprenticeship program. Additionally requires five years of related experience, some additional experience in other disciplines.
Skills: Microsoft Office and associated software.
Certificates, License, Registrations, etc.: Requires a valid Florida driver’s license, electrical journeyman’s license, Universal Refrigeration Certification, certified public pool service technician, EPA refrigerant technician.
Physical Demands: Requires regularly working several feet above the ground on ladders, scaffolds, or high lift. Requires reading and interpretation of written information including various codes and blueprints. Requires the physical equivalent of exerting effort or lifting and carrying or manipulating of materials and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, stooping, pushing, pulling, and reaching. Requires mental and visual attention to work along with manual dexterity for sustained periods of time.
Work Environment: Requires working indoors and outdoors in the presence of heat, dirt, dust, noise, fumes, wetness, paint, and solvents.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Shoes with steel toe and oil resistant, non-skid sole (black or brown in color)
- Eye wear with non-shattering lens where deemed necessary when operating designated equipment.
- Protective gloves where designated
- Hearing protection where designated
Conditions of Employment
All applicants may be subject to pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.