DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
- Control the various entry/exit locations throughout the DNCP&R controlled areas.
- Operate a walkthrough metal detector and conduct hand searches of bags carried by guests.
- Only allow authorized guests and crewmembers through the control points.
- Maintain an Entry/Exit Log as required.
- Check vehicle decals/hang tags as needed.
- Direct visitors and vendors to appropriate locations.
- Report all violations to the Security Lead or Security Management immediately.
- Read and comply with the established DNCP&R Security Post Orders.
- Conduct various security checks or other assigned duties as required.
- Conduct bicycle/foot / motorized vehicle patrol of all areas of the Visitor Complex property or operations.
- Respond to any incidents as needed, complete an investigation, and follow up with a written report.
- Conduct any other additional duties as assigned by Security Management.
- Be a United States Citizen or Naturalized Citizen.
- Pass a NASA Security background check and obtain a One NASA Access Badge.
- Pass a background and security investigation, including a criminal records check.
- Pass a pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening.
- Have a general knowledge of two-way radio usage and associated codes.
- Must be able to read, write, and complete written/typed reports and statements in English.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by screening equipment in an active checkpoint environment.
- Be able to efficiently and thoroughly manipulate and handle baggage, containers, and other objects subject to security processing.
- Have sufficient dexterity and capability to thoroughly conduct hand-metal detector and pat down search procedures over an individual's entire body.
- Be able to read, speak, and write English well enough to:
- Carry out written and oral instructions regarding the proper performance of screening duties;
- Read English language identification media, credentials, and labels on items normally encountered in the screening process;
- Provide direction, understand and answer questions from English-speaking individuals undergoing screening.
- Complete written/typed reports and statements in English.
- Be able to remain calm and professional when dealing with stressful or difficult situations.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Must be able to conduct bicycle / foot patrols of designated property.
- Must be able to safely operate a bicycle and pass the Complex Bicycle Certification test.
- Seeing: required - to complete the functions of the job
- Speaking: required - to complete the functions of the job
- Hearing; required - to complete the functions of the job
- Standing: often- varies with assignment from 85% to100% tile, carpeted, cement, asphalt, or ground with grass and vegetation.
- Walking: often- varies with assignment from 85% to100% tile, carpeted, cement, asphalt, or ground with grass and vegetation.
- Sitting: occasionally –
- Lifting: occasionally – must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Carrying: occasionally –
- Pushing: occasionally – may be required to push a person in a wheelchair
- Pulling: occasionally
- Climbing: occasionally – stairs inside and outside
- Balancing: occasionally – when operating a bicycle
- Bending: often – from waist, legs- picking up security equipment
- Twisting; often – from waist
- Reaching; often – from knee to chest level
- Grasping/Handling: often – screening guest’s cameras, purses, bags, etc.
- Stooping/Crouching: occasionally – conducting investigations or inspections
- Kneeling: occasionally – conducting investigations or inspections
- Crawling: rarely
Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods.
Conditions of Employment
All applicants may be subject to pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Must have valid/current State of Florida Security Licence
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.