Commentator - Tour Escort
Perform duties associated with tour operations for Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Operate and drive tour buses in a safe and professional manner. Provide commentary and instruction relating to past and current events associated with the NASA Space Program. “To tell the NASA story and inspire all people to support the exploration of space.”
NOTE: Individual may not perform all of the responsibilities listed at a specific point in time, but will perform all of the responsibilities over an extended period of time.
- Perform safety inspection checks on assigned vehicle. Ensure proper fuel levels, visibility, and proper operation of required systems and safety equipment.
- Assist guest in boarding and seating as required.
- Drive bus along designated routes. Provide NASA approved verbal commentary regarding current events and conditions of locations on the tour routes.
- Operate audio/video equipment to play synchronized recorded presentations. Be prepared to present verbal presentation in the event of audio/video failure.
- Assist in moving wheelchairs to and from designated locations and assist wheelchair users as required.
- Provide for and maintain a safe and secure environment for guest’s at Tour Destinations and throughout the tour at all times.
- Respond to guest inquiries providing accurate, courteous, and intelligible information.
- Comply with all applicable safety rules and regulations. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Attend all company training pertaining to Customer Satisfaction and Safety Awareness.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have minimum two (2) years driving experience, driving 26,000 pound vehicle or greater.
- Requires climbing into and within coaches, the physical equivalent of lifting or manipulating one to five pounds over 70% of the day and the ability to climb stairs, push wheelchairs, and manually operate device controls requiring some dexterity. Requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret written instructions and schedules.
- Requires work outdoors and on busses with the presence of fumes, dust and noise.
- Possess the ability to operate large motor coaches and the use of public address systems and electronic audio and visual systems.
Conditions of Employment
All applicants are subject to pre-employment background check and drug testing.
Must possess current CDL with passenger endorsement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.