Warehouse Selector - Forklift License
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Process orders for daily routes through the orderly receipt, picking and loading of product. Maintains the warehouse in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Receive incoming product and check against purchase order to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all merchandise is properly tallied and a receiving date is tagged on all merchandise. Check temperature level on all inbound merchandise requiring refrigeration.
- Ensure all slots are stocked properly and all overstock is properly stacked. Rotate all applicable stock by code date and receiving date. Inform supervisor of any merchandise that is out.
- Pick product for routes as defined on the pick sheets. Load product onto trailers for customer delivery.
- Operate all Company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner. Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to Company standards.
- Tracks time spent on assignments for productivity reporting on a daily basis.
- Follow proper selection procedures as established by the company.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience is required.
Work is heavy in nature. You must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally. Forklift operation requires the ability to hear warehouse activity.
You must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes and at arms length, with or without correction. Forklift operation requires distance vision. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, walk, stand, sit, reach, bend, communicate and interact with others.
Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
A Forklift, floor scrubber and pallet jack.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
I verify to the best of my knowledge that I meet the requirements necessary to complete the essential duties of the job to the job.
Signature of applicant Date
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.