Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Manager
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Maintain good will and effectiveness with customers and staff. Researches and responds to questions and problems, and arranges for special customer shipments while maintaining good will and effectiveness with customers and staff.
- Sets up force-shipments as directed by the Corporate Buyers, the Sales Director, and the Customer Service Manager.
- Maintains good will and effectiveness with buyers, owner operators, customers and staff.
- Prints and reviews item advisories on a daily basis completing all transactions as directed within the specified time frame.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
- Initiates outbound calls for customer orders.
- Receives inquiries, orders and complaints from customers; investigates various sources for information and answers inquiries in writing or by phone, depending on the urgency; contacts other personnel in other departments when follow-up ins necessary.
- Inputs all customer orders on assigned call sheets in to AS400 System no later than 4:00pm.
- Analyzes incoming orders to ensure proper identification of merchandise; corrects order code, customer number, item count and number of cases ordered; special instructions on orders pertaining to shipping, pick-ups, etc.; initiates credit memos and billing adjustments as required.
- Breaks down pricing documents; invoices, and other paperwork to be distributed to warehouse, purchasing and other company personnel.
- Copies and files invoices, accounts payables, credits, etc. and maintains file copy of the original sales invoice for immediate reference.
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner.
- Processes other computer operations, i.e.; credits, add-ons, etc.
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, while remaining calm and focused.
- Informs Customer Service Manager of potential problems and important information.
- Stays current with memos and promotional updates. Maintains familiarity with product information including promotional items, new items and substitutes. Recommends products to customers.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Other administrative duties as assigned by Customer Service Manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED plus 5 years customer service experience in an office environment. You must be people-oriented and be able to effectively communicate (including reading, writing and speaking) in English. Must possess the ability to accurately operate a 10 key and type 30 wpm. This position requires 2 years experience with AS400 System.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Most of the day is spent communicating with customers and other employees therefore must be able to verbally communicate clearly. Key entry comprises a portion of the day and some filing is required. You may be required to lift 40 lb. boxes of paper several times per day to replenish printer supply.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, bend, and interact with others.
Most of the day is spent in an office environment.
A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications, telephone and mainframe printer are typical equipment used in this position.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
I verify to the best of my knowledge that I meet the requirements necessary to complete the essential duties of the job to the job.
Signature of applicant Date
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.