Clinical Account Manager
Clinical Account Manager - 1039661
- Position Purpose: Provide clinical expertise to clients in designing benefits to optimize therapeutic outcomes while maintaining economic efficiency in the delivery of medication therapy. Interface with external clients and marketing staff to facilitate the development of clinical products that maximize cost effective medication benefits.
- Provide expertise in benefit design planning methods and strategies P
- provide clinical expertise to clients, explain clinical programs, and communicate new practice or clinical information to clients
- Develop and present performance reviews in conjunction with client account team
- Perform clinical data and drug utilization review analysis to meet client requirements and requests
- Collaborate with Clinical Pharmacists to enhance drug utilization review program and prior authorization review process and assist with related activities
- Provide input into the Request for Proposal process and work with Marketing and Sales to facilitate timely response and data analysis
- Ensure that client clinical needs are met, including formulary management, benefit design, drug utilization review and clinical programs
- Participate in the development and management of customized clinical business plans appropriate for each client, including the evaluation of current client program and restrictions (prior authorization, quantity limits, age limits) to determine appropriate utilization of drug therapy
- Consult with clients to develop and implement appropriate clinical interventions and claim adjudication edits.
- Participate in the development of disease state management modules by interfacing with company partners to improve array of marketable products
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (PharmD., M.S) in pharmacy. 3+ years of retail or hospital pharmacy experience or 1+ years of managed care pharmacy experience. Clinical pharmacy experience in managed healthcare preferred.
- License/Certification: Current state’s pharmacy license.
- Preferred 5 years PBM/ account management experience
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Business Development & Sales
Primary Location: USA-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: USA-Missouri-Clayton, USA-Ohio-Columbus, USA-California-Rancho Cordova
Organization: US Script