Patient Care Coordinator I
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Handle inbound and outbound calls, including the processing and upkeep of pharmacy orders and handling of order inquiries and issues
- Reach out to all new patients and introduce them to services and products via telephone
- Respond to incoming calls and answer any related questions
- Maintain patient census and reach out to patients prior to them needing their medications
- Ascertain from the patient all of their supply needs and review medication inventory
- Offer any additional support or assistance, such as consultations with pharmacists and classes
- Maintain statements and inform patients of co-pays and past due amounts
- Process payments in the form of credit card transactions
- Schedule delivery of medication after all patient needs are addressed
- Document all related communications with pharmacy personnel, patients, physicians, nursing agencies and other related individuals
- Provide technical support to physicians, nurses, and patients
- Assist and maintain all related pharmacy records (prescription logs, care plans, medication profiles, and any other related files) as determined by the pharmacist
- Perform various related tasks as determined by management or the State Board of Pharmacy or Joint Commission
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of pharmacy technician, call center or customer service experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.