Member Relations Associate
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
******PART TIME POSITION************
Performing a variety of transactions in an accurate, timely manner. Balancing daily transactions/verifying cash totals. Meeting balancing standards and adhere to all authorized cash and transaction limits. Responsible for the security of all cash and negotiable instruments and accurate cash handling. Maintain basic knowledge of credit union products and services and basic knowledge of loan products. Actively cross-sells credit union products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including percentage of time):
Meet or exceed the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- MEMBER RELATIONS: Responsible for processing member transactions to include but not be limited to: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, shared to shared transfers, loan payments, basic transfer, bonds, IRA transactions, cash advances and other negotiable items. Perform authorized file maintenance or data changes on member accounts. Assist with daily processing and/or balancing of branch, coin machines (certain locations), ATM’s, cash machines, night depository, or drop boxes. Balance each day’s transactions while adhering to balancing standards. Assist with Safety Deposit Boxes and new accounts. Follow through on all member inquiries and requests. Adhere to all credit union policies, procedures and government regulations.
- CROSS-SELLING: Actively cross-sell and match credit union products and services to fit the Member’s financial needs. Cross-sells to include but not be limited to: new accounts, money market accounts, certificate, loans (consumer and real estate), visa cards, home banking, e-statements, Auto Advisor and Bill Pay. Meet or exceed individual and/or branch cross-sell goals.
- REPORTING: Responsible for completing daily, weekly, or monthly: balancing sheets; night drop and mail depository log; daily time card management; CTR and SAR documentation; captured ATM cards; audits for cash, negotiable instruments, ATM’s, cash machines and branch. Handling of mail distribution daily.
- SAFETY & SECURITY: Maintain the safety of the branch by adhering to established safety guidelines; assist and follow established branch opening and closing procedures; adhere to member verification procedures. Accountable for control and security of cash, negotiable instruments, member information, and branch equipment. Perform nightly sweeps to verify all member information is secure. Utilizing duel control at all times.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Requires excellent communication, listening and observation skills; ability to read and interpret specific directions; Responsive and reasonable decision making abilities; Reflect a sound and professional image demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE OF OFFICE/DEPARTMENT:
- Must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Participate in community involvement.
- Support and promote all credit union initiatives.
- Always practice the core values of Integrity Service.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (Please indicate required or preferred)
- High school diploma or education degree (GED) required
- Six months cash handling experience preferred
- Internal Sales and Service training
- Core system training
- Integrity Service Training
- Complete all Member Service I certification courses
- Complete Product and Service exam
- Complete, monitor and report all suspicious activity, comply with BSA requirements including completion of annual training.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English proficiently; speak effectively to a member or team member and/or before a group.
- Fluent in Spanish is helpful but not required.
- Aptitude to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios and averages to create branch and credit union reports.
- Ability to count cash and coins
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Capacity to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to make mature and professional decisions based on knowledge of credit union policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, well organized and willingness to assist others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sufficient with Microsoft office products, excel, word, power point, outlook etc.
- Ability to prioritize workload, maintain integrity of confidential member and team member information.
- Problem solving and using resources