Maintenance Technician - PT
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Ideal Candidate for this Position:
The ideal candidate will have superior customer service skills, ability to interact with guests as well as fellow employees and be a team player. Friendly, energetic and positive attitude is required.
The Engineer will assist guests with maintenance or other requests, identifying and correcting the problem. Responsibilities also include performing various work order tasks and preventive maintenance on property equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years’ experience in a similar job preferred. Hospitality industry experience preferred Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to use and understand smart phone applications
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language (Bilingual is a plus) HVAC experience preferred Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record
- Resolves guest’s problems and handles all guest requests.
- Identifies problems, initiates work orders, accomplishing assigned work orders and does all necessary repairs relating to their expertise.
- Performs preventative maintenance and maintains logs in an organized manner.
- Operating the property maintenance software program and properly updating essential information via the use of a smart device (training and smart device will be provided)
- Completing inspections and checklists and correcting noted problems.
- Responsible for correct use of fire extinguishers and/or other life safety systems, (training provided).
- Operating a motor vehicle with a standard or automatic transmission on private and public roadways
- The use of proper personal protective equipment (equipment provided)
- The ability to lift 75 lbs
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending over, crawling, reaching, crouching, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying,
- The ability to work various shifts or days of the week according to business needs
Benefits for PT positions:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Free Meals at The Grand Cafe
- Free Golf for employees
- Employee & Employer Funded 401-k
- Benchmark Hospitality Hotel Travel Discounts
- Discounts with Partner vendors
- Recognition Programs
- An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
- Prestigious Trip Advisor awards:
2016 Trip Advisor Travelers Choice Awards | #24 Hotel in the United States
2016 Trip Advisor Travelers Choice Awards | #1 Overall Hotel in Orlando
One of only two resorts in Central Florida to be awarded Forbes top honors:
2016 Forbes Four Star Award | The Villas of Grand Cypress
2016 Forbes Four Star Award | Nine18 Fine Dining
What Our Employees Say About Us:
“Working at The Villas of Grand Cypress is like working with an extended family. Once you arrive on the peaceful and relaxing property, with the beautiful rolling greens and mature landscaping, it already feels like home”. The property has a unique sense of relaxed sophistication and service. Employees are encouraged and even challenged to make decisions to “Be The Difference” in everything they do! Being creative and entrepreneurial to think differently about how we provide service to the guest is a day to day occurrence.