Production Support - Sr. Assistant
Production Support - Sr. Assistant
Location: Orlando, FL Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level
KGNA Solutions is looking for a talented and dynamic person to fill the role of Production Support - Sr. Assistant for Paradise Show/Launch Group. This is an opportunity to work in an environment that is extremely fast paced, and ever changing. Truly no two days are the same.
The primary role of the Production Support - Sr. Assistant is to work as an extension of the President/Owner in various administrative tasks that are production oriented while supporting the overall Company as a whole.
Who We Are
- Paradise Show and Design is a full-service staging and production company headquartered in Orlando with production offices in Las Vegas and Freeport Bahamas. We’re experts in large-scale lighting, sound, video and scenic design and build – but never too big to focus on the details of small programs and events.
Our Sweet Spot
Our sweet spot is in looking at the whole picture, and seamlessly integrating all elements. For example, designing the big-name entertainment sound and lighting requirements directly into the business meeting, evaluating environments using floor plans and elevations, incorporating business meeting support or special event and hospitality program support. We use our planning intelligence to seek economies of scale and cost savings wherever possible.
- For over 25 years we have been providing our services to some of the finest professionals -- show producers, designers, directors, meeting planners and talent managers -- in big-name entertainment, corporate theater, business meetings, music festivals, live broadcast, sporting events and special events industries. Our customers know us to always be on it and own it.
The Production Support – Sr. Assistant will possess a production/show based background with an ability to generate creative design concepts and ideas, while also having a foundation in real-time hands on production. The primary responsibilities of the Production Support - Sr. Assistant will largely focus on the development of proposals, event concepts and sales presentations through strong project management skills, assisting the President/Owner in shepherding these elements from blue sky to final installation.
- Per the direction of the President/Owner, oversee and collaborate show logistics, including destination, venue, load in/load out, travel, food & beverage, ground transportation, and other programmatic elements that are required to support a show.
- Manage timelines and ensure consistent communication regarding updates, project milestones and deliverable's.
- Manage external vendors, assisting in the development of budget estimates as requested.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with convention visitor’s bureau (CVB), destination management companies (DMCs), travel agencies, hotel staffs, other entertainment venues, and catering companies.
- Research supplier availability and manage negotiations to ensure optimal cost advantage throughout program operation.
- Assist in managing the event requirements: production, staging, sound, lights, A.V., décor, entertainment, linens, centerpieces, etc.
- Recommend new and innovative ways to improve products and services
- Assist with streamlining of processes and efficiencies
- Maintain master client database to be used for future bookings.
- Assist in the creation/coordination of the accounting/budgets for events.
- Assist with travel planning as requested/needed.
- Provide administrative support for the President/Owner
- Managing calendars and scheduling meetings
- Preps Paradise Show/Launch Groups corporate rooms/space for meetings (agendas, room set-up, etc.)
- Assisting with running of meetings (run equipment, etc.)
- Taking clear, concise notes during meetings.
- Distributing meeting notes in a timely manner.
- Ordering and picking up lunches/dinners for meetings.
- Photocopying, faxing and shipping.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- 5+ years relevant, practical experience in planning events, meetings or trade shows.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Successful candidates must be customer-service oriented, technically savvy, and organized.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends occasionally.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Proficiency with HTML and graphic design
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal and external clients
- Have experience with social and marketing media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Constant Contact and Search Engine Optimization.
- Demonstrates initiative and follow-through
- MS Office and email proficiency
- In addition to competitive market pay, we offer paid time off, medical benefits, 401k participation and a casual work environment.
If you are a qualified applicant who is looking for a new opportunity where you can make an impact on a daily basis we would like to talk with you.
Please apply via this posting for consideration.
We are a EOE.