Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential? Do you have proven experience providing staff leadership and managing before and after school programs? The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a dynamic leader with proven multi-site operations management experience as the Program Director with our Before & After Elementary School Program.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the incumbent will oversee and manage the before & after school programs and staff at approximately 10 elementary school locations during the 10 month school year. This individual will be heavily involved in the daily operations, as well as manage the day to day camp operations during the summer months. The Program Director will be required to travel on a regular basis within Central Florida to their assigned school locations. This individual will be responsible for staff planning, selection, development, providing regular assessments, as well as facilitating annual performance evaluations. S/he will manage and oversee all program quality assessments and applicable technology systems. The incumbent must be self-motivated and able to lead others to action in a positive and favorable way. This individual will manage effective implementation of a full range of curriculum based programs and planned activities at each school / site to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students, parents, staff and vendors.
This Program Director will direct staff to support program initiatives that will achieve predetermined retention goals and maintain the requirements of average daily attendance. This individual must have analytical skills and experience with preparing and managing a budget of at least $1 million. S/he will be responsible for regularly managing payroll costs through approving employee timecards and ensuring payroll stays within bi-weekly targets. S/he must utilize available technology tools and ensure proper implementation of staff schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for student/staff connections while keeping within the mandated ratios.
The incumbent must have political savvy and superior professional communication skills in order to collaborate and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, parents, school principals and other applicable school administration as well as management personnel in order to maximize enrollments in program registration and participation.
This individual will monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local, school district and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. S/he must ensure all staff are current with required certifications, and take immediate corrective action when necessary. S/he must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operation needs; typically Monday through Friday.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; education or related field of study preferred. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing educational programs, quality assessments; overseeing multi-locations required.
- Minimum 4 years of leadership experience in staff supervision, overseeing a high-volume part-time recruitment and selection process, as well as training & development initiatives.
- Proven success in strategic planning with program and curriculum development and implementation strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/ AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license, and be able to travel within Central Florida.
- Must be able to understand requirements of grants, contracts and reporting outcomes.
- Must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced; outcome driven environment
- Must have a clear understanding of and a full commitment to the YMCA of Central Florida’s vision for excellence in the delivery of all education initiatives to our community and members.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.