Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a HR Employment Specialist from candidates with a passion for recruitment and hiring! The Employment Specialist under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Manager assists in implementing the College’s recruitment and hiring processes and practices to source, assess, and present qualified talent for open positions at the College. This position partners with departments and hiring managers to understand hiring needs, position specifications and candidate search requirements.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a professional office environment, with at least two years working in Human Resources.
- Three years of years of experience working with federal and state employment laws and regulations related to employment in the area of post-secondary institution hiring.
- Recruiting experience, preferably in education at the post-secondary level.
- Experience using HRIS systems, especially PeopleSoft or Oracle.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.