Information Systems Helpdesk Support Specialist-Tier 1
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Information Systems Helpdesk Support Specialist – Tier 1
POSITION: Helpdesk Support Specialist – Level 1
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Information Systems (IS)
JOB SUMMARY: The primary role of the Helpdesk Support Specialist is to provide Level 1 level support to company physicians and staff in the use of company desktop hardware and software applications in a health care setting. This person will work very closely with the Director of IS or the Helpdesk Supervisor to determine the best and most efficient use of hardware and software:
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the corporate help desk.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems on multiple technology platforms to include Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems, Citrix, AllWorx VoIP Systems, etc.
- Administers escalation procedures and ensures defined service levels are maintained.
- Generates & provide reports as needed for the effectiveness of the helpdesk.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- High school diploma required
- Industry standard certification (A+ and/or Network+) preferred
- Associate degree or higher preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in the following:
- Medical field using medical and business software applications; familiar with health practice operations and patient flow; familiar with HIPAA/HITECH regulations
- Providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Able to diagnose and repair hardware/software issues on desktops, thin-clients, mobile devices and tablets
- Responding to queries either in person or over the phone
- Maintaining daily performance of computer systems
- Responding to email messages for customers seeking help
- Handling support calls for a high-volume helpdesk
- Asking questions to determine nature of computer problems
- Walking customers through problem-solving process
- Installing, modifying, and repairing computer hardware and software
- Running diagnostic programs on computers to resolve problems
- Duplicating (cloning) computers for production-ready distribution
- Following up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Gaining feedback from customers about computer usage
- Running reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Familiar with VPNs and Remote Desktop tools like LogMeIn
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Hardware / Software Support
- Experience with AllWorx VoIP phone systems a major plus
- Serve as liaison between IS helpdesk, business managers and end users; respond to inquiries and concerns promptly
- Coordinate hardware/software upgrades and test modifications prior to release to end-user
- Analyze business processes to ensure proper system use and configuration
- Evaluate software enhancement requests for feasibility and practicality
- Log, track and resolve issues as well as any software modifications or enhancements
- Troubleshoot desktop software issues with Windows 7/8 OS, Apple iOS, MS Office, Citrix XenApp, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Apple Safari, and printer drivers
- Analyze and implement helpdesk change requests to promote efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform ongoing maintenance and repair of hardware systems including Microsoft, Apple, Dell and HP; identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Understand latest technologies and new features within the hardware/software industry and recommend solutions that are in line with the practice’s operations
- Maintain a high level of customer-centric service and support
Training / Documentation Support
- Develop and conduct training sessions for various computer functions within the organization
- Provide training to staff in both one-on-one and small group settings
- Develop and maintain user documentation to aid in training
- Develop and maintain documentation for IS operational processes and procedures
- Attend continuing education courses as requested
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between company’s 6 central Florida office locations
- Perform other tasks requested by the IS Director and that are in the best interest of the company
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires extended sitting, some standing, bending, stooping, stretching and lifting up to 50 lbs. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate with staff and write appropriate reports. Employee will work under stressful conditions and may be required to work irregular hours.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment in a fast-paced health care setting. Infrequent evening or weekend work.