- Part Time
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Park Ranger is responsible for patrolling their assigned areas to ensure visitors comply with City and State rules and regulations, to protect park and natural resources, to enhance the visitors' experience, and to coordinate with law enforcement as necessary. Provides customer service while safeguarding the City's park areas, facilities, and persons using the parks. Encourages compliance with all City and State rules, regulations, and ordinances.
This position is non-exempt. Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions will apply.
These job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as deemed necessary.
- Open, close, and monitor park grounds, facilities, and swimming areas to ensure patrons comply with City ordinances, regulations and safety requirements.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and policies to all guests, groups, and organizations in a tactful manner.
- Provide information such as available park services, facilities and activities, park usage rules, making reservations, collection of fees, etc.
- Perform scheduled rounds of City parks and the waterfront area to provide surveillance and identify individuals trespassing after closing hours.
- Follow proper emergency procedures in the event of a serious incident.
- Conduct light maintenance duties as needed.
- Clear paved areas of debris, branches and other obstructions to sustain a safe environment.
- Work with civic organizations, businesses and a variety of user groups to coordinate park and facility usage under the direction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Check facilities to ensure lights have been turned off and buildings secured.
- Operate vehicles, two-way radios, and other equipment.
- Notify the proper authorities when necessary of violations.
- Maintain logs and creates prepares incident reports as required.
- Work closely with the Clermont Police Department personnel.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers, and receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance, concerns and complaints in areas of responsibility.
- Assist with all special events as directed.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Wears a uniform comprised of a button down shirt, hat, black pants or shorts, and black shoes.
Education and Experience:
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and is in a relevant and related field.
- High School Diploma or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
- One (1) year of Park Ranger, code/law enforcement, or other closely related experience.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Valid Florida Driver's License.
Essential Physical Functions & Environmental Conditions:
The City of Clermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with management.
Continual light work and occasional heavy work exerting up to 50-pounds of force on a regular basis, requires frequent walking and standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, bending, good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech, ability to ride a bicycle, and regular driving of a city vehicle and/or utility vehicle.
Works outdoors in all weather conditions (heat/cold) for extended periods of time. Exposed to various elements including bright/dim lights, dust/pollen, noise, and moving vehicles and machinery.