Parks and Recreation Attendant
- Part Time
This position assists with maintaining and monitoring the City's recreational facilities and parks, ensuring a presence, assisting guests, coordinating recreational activities, completing routine office support duties, and working special events. May be assigned to work one or more of the following programs or venues: Adult Softball League, Adult Basketball League, Clermont Arts and Recreation Center, Waterfront Park, Splash Park, or Box Office. This position works under direct supervision.
This position is non-exempt. Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions will apply.
These job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as deemed necessary.
- Performs a variety of routine tasks to include: answer telephone calls, handle inquiries, register program applicants, collect funds, serve as a park attendant, operate the box office, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Provides public information about park rules and regulations and monitors related conformance.
- Enforces City and department rules, policies, and procedures with the general public.
- Responds to emergencies in accordance with safety policy and procedures and completes incident reports as required.
- Treats minor accidents and completes all paperwork/documentation including incident reports.
- Inspects the grounds and surrounding areas, reporting conditions or practices that may pose a threat to health and/or safety.
- May assist in organizing, monitoring, and interacting with various recreation and athletic activities for all age group programs.
- May be required to manage and record accurate logs, such as score books, maintenance, intermediary financial transactions, and water reports.
- Assists with special events as needed and assigned.
- Receives inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility, and as deemed necessary forwards such information to the appropriate Parks & Recreation personnel.
- Maintain the health and safety of all users of the facilities and all employees.
- Performs regular maintenance duties to maintain a safe environment (e.g., onsite cleaning, cleaning & monitoring of bathrooms, trash removal, maintaining logs, and minor repairs).
- Wears appropriate attire or uniform for daily activities.
- May operate a small utility vehicle (e.g. gator/golf cart).
- May operate and carry a department cell phone and/or hand held radio.
- Follows daily schedules and assigned rotations.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and experience is in a relevant and related field.
- High School Diploma or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) and ability follow detailed instructions.
- Knowledge of recreation sports and scoring preferred.
- Skilled in using a basic first aid medical kit preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Valid Florida Driver's License.
- Current American Red Cross CPR and First Aid or comparable/higher level. (CPR and First Aid Training may be provided if needed.)
Essential Physical Functions & Environmental Conditions:
The City of Clermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with management.
Continual light work that requires good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech. Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance. Occasional lifting of supplies and equipment, and moderate to frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, bending, kneeling, reaching, and pulling. May be required to sit for long periods of time.
Works inside in an environmentally controlled space part of the time and will also work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat/cold) for extended periods of time. Exposed to various elements including sunlight, bright/dim lights, dust/pollen, noise, and moving vehicles and machinery. It is essential that the Parks and Recreation Attendant is alert to potential safety hazards within their area of service.