Water / Wastewater Operator
- Full Time
Technical work in the operation and maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities and associated equipment.
This position is non-exempt. Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions will apply.
Per Florida Statute 295.065, certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply.
These job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as deemed necessary.
- Assist in operation of the treatment facilities and maintenance thereof including taking samples, testing and the laboratory analysis of samples.
- Performs maintenance and repair of equipment, wells, electrical panels, gauges, controllers, pumps and etc.
- Assists in the supervision and training of trainees and other personnel.
- Repairs valves, scales, control panels and other electrical problems.
- Performs inspections and maintenance of the water and/or wastewater operation systems.
- Performs manual labor such as: mowing, operate small equipment and etc.
- Maintains home telephone and may be required to work rotating shifts, on call duties and extended hours in emergency situations.
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and experience is in a relevant and related field.
- High School Diploma or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Valid Florida Driver's License.
- A valid Florida class "C" certification in water or wastewater treatment; with the other license being obtained within two (2) years of accepting position.
- Obtain a restricted Florida Class "B" Commercial Driver's License with hazardous endorsement within 180 days from the date of employment.
- Obtain a Florida Class "B" Commercial Driver's License with hazardous endorsement within one (1) year from date of employment.
- Certified in the safe handling of chlorine.
- Certified in "Confined Space Entry".
Essential Physical Functions & Environmental Conditions:
The City of Clermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with management.
Continual light work and occasional heavy work. Requires frequent walking and standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, bending, good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech, and regular driving of vehicle. This position must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds. Must be able to wear PPE.
Works outside that could be in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., heat, cold, and rain) for moderate periods of time and exposure to construction and water/wastewater site hazards, traffic, and moving machinery. Involves working with high voltage equipment, and heights and below ground.