HRIS PeopleSoft Specialist 3
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Pay Level: Unit IT 2 Level 10 Negotiable
Under the supervision of the HRIS Team Leader, lead projects, research/analyze requirements, recommend and implement HR technology solutions for difficult and complex business problems. The purpose of the PeopleSoft Specialist III position is to provide primarily PeopleSoft HCM functional business analyst support. Key responsibilities include providing analysis and support of technology and process changes in the areas of Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply logical, analytical, and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot problems and discover or devise solutions as necessary
- Lead functional implementation of various PeopleSoft HCM modules.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze informational needs and functional requirements of systems
- Create advanced queries and reports using PeopleSoft Query, BI Publisher, Access, and other tools.
- Develop and maintain staff expertise in use of PeopleSoft HR applications
- Create user friendly documentation and training materials
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of staff in a timely manner while juggling competing demands
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide and apply guidelines to enforce PeopleSoft Security.
- Act as a liaison between HR, Staff Services, and IT teams in regards to HR systems and projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience implementing and supporting PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 or 9.2
- Advanced PeopleSoft reporting including query writing (incorporating multiple joins, sub queries, and expressions) and creating of BI Publisher reports
- Advanced troubleshooting/problem solving principles
- Strong logical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced research methods
- Customer centric with a demonstrated desire to serve others with excellence
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Work confidentially with discretion
- Self-motivated and able to work independently within parameters
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS degree and at least 5 to 7 years related experience of progressive functional HR, HRIS or IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience