Manager On Duty / Night Manager
- Career Level
The Manager On Duty is responsible for ensuring the operation of the hotel in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay. The Manager on Duty will have direct responsibilities with the Security and Front Desk teams.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Education & Experience:
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related hospitality field showing growth and leadership development
• Prior hotel management or supervisory experience required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state
• Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift. Mental requirements:
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in and be objective in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS Essential:
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming (per brand standards)
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and First Aid
• Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
• Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
• Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
• Other duties as required.