Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supporting the HR functions, with a primary focus being on compliance. They will represent the HR team, and work in conjunction with both the Operations and the Restaurant Support Center teams. The HR Generalist will be the first point of contact regarding HR administrative responsibilities, administering human resources policies and procedures, collecting and analyzing data, and making recommendations to HR management to ensure compliance. This individual will process paperwork for functional areas, per established procedure, and may prepare communications regarding compliance, compensation, benefits, or company policies. The Human Resources Generalist will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the HR field. This individual will work closely with HR, HRIS, Training, Legal, and Payroll to confirm that Miller’s Ale House is meeting or exceeding all compliance regulations to protect the brand.
- Analyzes and interprets HR employee data, compiles reports and follows-up with the Operations team, to ensure compliance of the company’s record-keeping, communication, and administration. This will be measured by the HRIS system, HR employment and payroll practices, in both the Human Resources and Payroll Departments.
- Partners with the HRIS Analyst, in developing metric-based reports, to provide both HR and Operations with the areas of opportunity to meet or exceed compliance measures. Produces, analyzes, and distributes the compliance ‘dashboard’, as well as produces reports, as requested by the company leadership.
- Continually updates company HR policies, in accordance with state, federal, and legal regulatory requirements to include HR forms, such as job applications and position descriptions.
- Act as HR and Payroll liaison with those departments, as well as works with the HRIS Analyst and UltiPro counsel/services on all wage and hour laws.
- Manages the E-Verify and I-9 immigration process and forms, to ensure that Miller’s Ale House meets all federal requirements.
- Assembles, maintains and implements a comprehensive state-by-state compliance guide, with the approval of the Legal Department and external counsel. This will include wage & hour, meal periods, leaves of absences, pay and benefits administration
- Point person for unemployment matters and appeals
- Conducting legal research for EEOC/litigation claims
Collaboration with HRIS
- Audit and maintain the integrity of all employment related matters within personnel files for all hourly and management Team members
- Point person on upkeep and storage of electronic files
- Point person on managing and auditing relocations assistance/policy within the Company with third party vendor partners
Special projects as designated by Director of HR and/or Vice President of Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related subject matter, or a minimum of three or more years of human resources experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of human resources experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Orientation towards analytics and detail
- Role model of hospitality; contributing to a positive human resources and company culture
- Proven abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
UltiPro HRIS System experience
The Human Resources Generalist is expected to be able to perform the job functions with reasonable accommodation. Physical requirements include:
- Remaining in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Bending, squatting, and lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
- Movement inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequent communication with Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Recruiting and Training. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).