Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Development / Fundraising Director, Winter Park YMCA Family Center
The Winter Park YMCA Family Center is seeking a dynamic and cause-driven fundraiser as the Development Director.
Under the leadership and direction of the District Vice President and Association SVP of Fundraising and Philanthropy; this individual will be responsible for the development and execution of the area annual fundraising plan with a goal to exceed $400,000. S/he must have additional proven capital campaign experience of at least $1 million. The incumbent will actively build and manage a prospect pipeline of individuals and corporations, as well as build a strong prospect portfolio utilizing the moves management model of philanthropy to identify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward donors.
This individual will be charged with recruiting key community leaders and leading a volunteer board; creating and implementing well-conceived development/fund raising plans to achieve short term and long term objectives, and will lead the initiative by marshaling the resources of the board, soliciting private donations (individuals, corporations and foundations), and conducting financially successful events. The incumbent must be a self-starter with a propensity to project a positive, professional attitude and look for innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. S/he will be required to work flexible hours, especially during capital campaigns that may include late evenings, weekends and some holidays. S/he must be willing and able to travel within Central Florida up to 70%. Key objectives are strategically cultivate and solicit fundraising opportunities, create partnerships with corporate and private sectors for programming capital, as well as develop and engage volunteers / boards to position the Winter Park Y as the premier “Charity of Choice” within the local community.
Critical competencies include – strong board development and fundraising skills through major gifts, cultivating relationships with high level donors and corporate partners, excellent business acumen, fiscal management with comparable revenue responsibilities, and the ability to identify key stakeholders, build relationships and influence diverse individuals and industries to impact financial development outcomes. Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; business, nonprofit management or related field of study preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation for fundraisers a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in philanthropy, with a background in successful Financial Development/Fundraising.
- Proven experience managing, recruiting and working with a volunteer board required.
- Demonstrated experience in successful six figure gift requests highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of capital and comprehensive campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key volunteers and boards. Ability to relate to top community leader and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the Central Florida community.
- Prior experience and knowledge about the YMCA, either as an employee, member, donor or volunteer is desirable.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office and Outlook required.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-reliant, motivated, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, organized, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact financial development initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, and staff
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel up to 70% within Central Florida.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and eligible household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.