Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Are you ready to join one of the most progressive YMCA Associations in the country? The YMCA of Central Florida has several exciting opportunities with our innovative Health Strategies initiatives. We are seeking Lifestyle Coaches that will be focused on improving the lives of all in Central Florida; by providing access to healthy eating options, and lifestyle management through our YDPP health and prevention programs.
We currently have part-time Lifestyle Coach openings in Ocala, Florida (Marion County). Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Lifestyle Coach provides support and guidance to participants in the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program (YDPP) and implements standard curriculum designed for the YDPP. S/he will provide curriculum to class participants in effective, meaningful and compelling ways. This individual will encourage group participation and interaction through the use of open-ended questions and facilitate commitment and retention of participants. The incumbent must create a motivating environment that is friendly and non-competitive, as well as foster relationships with and between participants. The Lifestyle Coach is responsible for preparing before each class (e.g. review participants’ food and activity trackers, lesson plan, content for class, reminder call to participants). This individual acts as a resource to participants both before and after sessions to answer questions and follow-up on any questions. S/he will support and encourage goal setting on a weekly basis by recording weekly data for each participant (attendance, body weight, physical activity total weekly minutes, etc.). Individuals must have flexible availability to work during peak times; including afternoons and evenings.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; health education, nutrition, exercise physiology or related field of study preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Minimum 3 years leading classroom training, facilitating groups, and/or conducting public presentations experience required.
- Familiarity and proficiency with motivational interviewing and listen first skills required.
- Basic knowledge of health, nutrition, fitness, and understanding of behavior change required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must pass the YMCA’s Lifestyle Coach training
- The following YMCA training classes required: Facilitating Change in Small Groups and Listen First Skills.
- HIPAA Privacy training required within 30 days of employment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; experience with Oracle and Technogym a plus.
Company Benefits – Part-time
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- Career advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.