Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
At the YMCA of Central Florida our Group Exercise Instructors lead engaging group classes and provide a high level of customer service and quality to our members. Our Blanchard Park YMCA Family Center is searching for a dynamic and experienced Group Exercise Instructor to lead multiple group exercise classes; including Basic Fitness, Muscle Conditioning and Cardio with experience teaching senior populations a plus!
The Y seeks individuals with high energy, great at cultivating member relations, and technically sound to grow class participation and member engagement. S/he must be a strong communicator and motivator. Group Exercise Instructors should have flexible availability to work during peak times of business, that may include week days, evenings, some weekends, and some holidays may be required.
The YMCA of Central Florida will provide you with career opportunities and personal growth. Group Exercise Instructors receive a competitive rate while facilitating classes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus in exercise science, physical education, sports management or related field of study.
- 2 years’ experience choreographing and leading specialty group exercise classes strongly preferred. Experience in Basic Fitness, Muscle Conditioning and Cardio with experience teaching senior populations a plus.
- Current nationally recognized certifications in Group Exercise; in area of specialization required. Les Mills certifications highly preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.