- Career Level
Directs and coordinates the activities of a beverage packaging plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel:
- Responsible for the performance, overall development, and operation of the facility.
- Manages the facility with a results driven framework focused on safety, quality and continuous improvement to meet customer demand.
- Understands current laws, regulations, policies and procedures affecting plant operations and acts in accordance with them.
- Plans, leads and directs the manufacturing operations at the lowest cost consistent with established operating goals and objectives.
- Effectively integrates the procurement, administrative, manufacturing, quality, maintenance, finance, and distribution functions at the plant to ensure high quality and efficient throughput.
- Directs preparation and review of division cost estimates, staffing levels, and facility requirement forecasts.
- Reports, studies, and analyzes facility performance and takes appropriate action related to operating elements such as production costs, quality, inventory, overtime and expenses.
- Provides leadership and employee development through selection/talent acquisition, performance management, training/development, coaching/mentoring and motivation of management, supervisory, and hourly personnel in alignment with the business goals and objectives.
- Empowers teams with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments.
- Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts to drive results.
- Leads and ensures the successful implementation of profit and productivity improvement initiatives as they relate to the business plan/strategy.
- Demonstrates a proactive management approach with a willingness to lead by example and the ability to champion and lead change initiatives for the betterment of the facility and the company.
- Formulates and approves management goals.
- Develops and administers a performance based bonus matrix for management team members and assesses performance of each member against this on a monthly and annual basis.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and communicates changes effectively.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Manages seven subordinate Managers who supervise a total of 200 employees in the Maintenance, Scheduling, Production, Quality and Warehouse Departments.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Business Management, Food Science, Food Technology, or related field, and a minimum of seven years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess proficient typing abilities, and have knowledge of Spreadsheet Software (MS Excel) , Word Processing Software (MS Word) Database Software (MS Access) and Email Software.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Plant Management: 7 years