- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Acknowledgement: A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities listed are essential job functions and requirements that are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) must possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skill or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Assists in the coordination and execution of activities related to the cleaning and sanitizing of the facility and on-site equipment in a juice processing establishment. Conducts all aspects of job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- lnspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions and assure areas have proper cleaning equipment and tools.
- Reviews and oversees the Master Sanitation Program, including working with Cleaning and Sanitation Chemical supplies to determine best cleaning and sanitizing agents and methods for maintaining Company and Regulatory cleaning and sanitizing standards.
- Communicate with chemical supplier and maintain cleaning chemical inventory.
- Completes associated documentation in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Testing of COP tank chemicals, vortex strength testing, checking CIP parameters and working with production and maintenance on tear downs.
- Assists in the direction of food handlers and production personnel in sanitary, pest-control and allergens-control measures.
- Coordinates, executes, and supervises the cleaning of equipment, work areas, and plant cleanliness including janitorial staff.
- Confers with management, quality assurance, and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate cleaning and sanitation activities.
- Operates various equipment (i.e. floor scrubber, power washer) and performs various duties (i.e. wiping down surfaces, swabbing, etc.) on an as needed basis to ensure facility cleanliness and sanitation.
- Follows instructions and responds to management or lead direction.
- ldentifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively.
- lncludes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
- Able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Follows policies and procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills including conducting training classes for operators.
- ls consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Works weekends as needed
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient typing and computer skills including knowledge internet software; Spreadsheet software (MS Excel), Word Processing software (MS Word) and Email software (Outlook).
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and be able to smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions extreme cold, and frequent changes in temperature from going in and out of the freezers.
The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and hearing protection is available in all production areas of the facility.