Human Resource Specialist
The Human Resource Specialist plays a key role in creating an open, respectful and collaborative work environment where the interests of associates are supported and balanced with the needs of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Responsible for all aspects of the associate life cycle with a focus on administration, maintaining personnel records, and for supporting HR management in the administration of the company programs, policies and employment practices.
1st Major Function (45% of time spent)
- Fulfills general office duties such as answering phones, taking messages, photocopying; completes Human Resources projects and activities as assigned through Human Resources Management.
- Coordinates drug testing process, to include following up on results. Organizes and maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements; obtains proper paperwork from new hires. Ensures accurate and timely maintenance of personnel records.
- Manages the calendar including the coordination and tracking of all scheduling of meetings, maintains HR meeting agendas and records notes from meetings.
- Responsible for issuing and maintaining associate uniforms, including inventory, exchanges and resolving issues with associates and vendor.
2nd Major Function (35% of time spent)
- Supports and coordinates employment activities (transactions and documentation).
- Serves as a resource on Human Resources issues, effectively communicates Human Resources policies, and explains Human Resources processes and procedures. Resolves basic issues as appropriate. Refers other issues to Human Resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Responsible for putting together new hire packets; collecting new hire forms; background check process; prepares search summary files, maintains department HR files.
- Assists HR department with general Human Resources responsibilities including new hire orientations, new hire paperwork including I-9s, badging appointments, background checks and verification of employment, organizing and communicating benefits information (new hire enrollment, annual enrollment, etc.).
3rd Major Function (20% of time spent)
- Maintains office supplies and equipment; obtains vendor quotations, as needed and purchase orders.
- Coordinates the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers and Human Resources staff.
- Orients new associates to employee self-serve functionality in online HR system.
- Manages the off-boarding or separation process - prepare termination check list, support managers in all administrative aspects of the termination process.
- Responsible for issuing and tracking of associate Attraction Share Letters, and tickets for the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Responsible for maintaining visitor tracking log in Human Resource office.
All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION - Associate’s Degree. Area of Study: Human Resource preferred.
Associate's degree preferred but equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the selected level of education.
WORK EXPERIENCE -
- Minimum of three years administrative/customer service experience.
- General experience with HRIS system preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of human resource management and basic knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES -
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Requires good communication, organizational, interpersonal and computer (Microsoft Suite) skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in executing tasks based on shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft HRIS system.
Conditions of Employment
All applicants may be subject to pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates