- Career Level
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Safety Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to the project management team, supervisors, and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements.
Development, Implementation, Coordination and Administration of Company’s Health & Safety Programs in accordance with local, state, Federal, Company and Customer rules and regulations. Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures. Advise Plant Manager on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions while identifying hazardous workplace conditions.
- Plan and implement training for employees in work site safety practices and evaluate employee training needs.
- Respond to and investigate post-accident/incident investigations and near misses, and prepare reports identifying possible root cause analysis to determine preventability or process improvement.
- Conduct safety surveys and inspections; prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Promote and coordinate safety meetings including Safety Committee, focusing on safety topics, accident prevention, current processes and procedures, including new hire and annual orientation.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to Management Team and provide internal consulting, advising and guidance.
- Develop and implement training documentation changes, signage, and 5S projects.
- Conduct weekly & monthly audits for compliance.
- Manage employee safety documentation.
- Document and communicate property damage reports.
- Manage action log of safety improvements.
- Work different shifts as needed to support training and audits.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field or a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Excellent Incident Investigation skills Effective communication/ interpersonal skills Ability to perform under stressful conditions Analytical skills Probability and decision making skills Attention to detail and high level of accuracy Effective organizational skills