Chief Program Officer - Early Educational Development
- Career Level
Do you have knowledge of the State of Florida Statutes and Rules Associated with School Readiness?
Do you have a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Development / Educational Leadership?
A senior leadership position responsible for leading, supervising, monitoring, communicating and directing ELCOC program staff in the achievement of program quality and compliance for all funded child care providers. Strategically identifies provider’s needs then develops and implements new programs and/or services. Collaborates and works closely with ELCOC leadership team members and staff in order to achieve the goals and objectives set by CEO for the coalition. Ensures department employees maintain a high level of confidentiality of all coalition providers and/or client information.
Essential Job Functions:
I. Leadership and Supervision
- Leads, supervises and trains department staff in all aspects of department functions and compliance regulations.
- Documents performance as required; writes and delivers yearly Performance Review for staff on a timely basis.
- Coaches and counsels staff as necessary to improve and/or maintain performance.
- Creates the opportunity to recognize employee contributions and performance.
- Sets staff annual goals and objectives and monitors, at the minimum quarterly.
- Ensures timely completion of annual performance reviews of assigned staff.
- Conducts provider’s visits with staff in order to train, evaluate and coach department staff.
- Communicates and updates CEO regularly on employee and/or provider issues.
- Communicates regularly with relevant state officials through conference calls, e-mails, phone calls and meetings. Provides related information to the Coalition management and staff on a timely basis.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration among all Coalition staff.
- Participates in the development and execution of ELCOC Strategic Plan.
II. Innovation and Planning
- Researches best practices and design initiatives responsive to service gaps.
- Identifies benchmarks and creates data collection strategies to monitor progress towards established outcomes.
- Plans and oversees implementation of targeted initiatives.
- Monitors state and federal program requirements for compliance.
- Ensures and follows up on all provider contracts compliance including health and safety violations.
- Actively follows-up on all regulatory or contractual non-compliance reports.
- Supports tri-annual procurement and annual contract budget negotiations for core program providers.
- Update policies and procedures related to VPK and SR program execution.
- Develop and coordinate all major program quality projects.
- Develop policies and procedures for new programs and/or initiatives.
- Report to management monthly on the progress and achievement of stated goals and all issues relating to compliance.
- Interfaces with Center Owners/Directors to further goals of the Coalition.
IV. Development/Training/Technical Assistance (TA)
- Attends all mandated state training programs.
- Stays abreast of all new child education trends.
- Shares with all ELCOC staff information/knowledge gathered at conferences and/or meetings.
- Oversees individualized technical support and consultation to child care providers and family child care homes to support children with special needs remaining in an inclusive child care environment
- Works closely with Chief Administrative Officer to ensure timely programmatic information is considered during annual corporate budget development. Supports review of corporate program expenditures to ensure full utilization of available resources.
- Manages departmental approved annual budget and works with Chief Administrative Officer to ensure proper accountability.
- Prepares data for grant applications.
- Reviews and approves employee expense reports.
- Manages departmental expenses.
- Responsible for researching and authorizing purchases for department.
VI. Program Support
- Prepares monthly reports for CEO and provides updates as required by the Board and CEO.
- Serves a key point of contact for assigned committees/taskforces and facilitates meeting packets and materials for same.
- Manages employee vacation schedule for appropriate service coverage of providers.
- Reviews and approves employee timesheets.
- Oversees and directs all departmental administrative tasks to include follow up on compliance letters and various tracking, etc.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
- Supervisory and staff coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets, prepare written data and narrative presentations, and deliver convincing presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, regulated environment with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and respond to deadlines while working in a team environment.
- Ability to organize, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on own and subordinates assignments with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster teamwork amongst cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to prepare budgets, reports, discussion papers, graphs and charts for presentation to internal and external audiences
- Knowledge of English business language with ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information and exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Ability to present information to groups of 50 or more.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Understanding of the adult learner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to solve problem and deal with a variety of variables.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, stoop and kneel. The employee might be required to lift and or move up to 30 pound. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of child development and appropriate childcare practices and knowledge of Florida state standards and requirement.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of a personal computers and computer software applications (Microsoft Office Suite). Ability to navigate the internet.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with ability to travel and make providers visits to and from work, and to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work flexible/hours schedule i.e. occasional Saturdays, or evening hours.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Development, Program Development/Design, Educational Leadership, or other related field with ten (10) or more years of progressive supervisory experience inclusive of managing talented professionals pursuing independent projects required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Project Management and Budget Management experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Childhood Education field and current trends (TS Gold, CLASS, Inclusion, Dual Language Learning, QRIS) required. Hands on experience within a child care environment inclusive of experience as a director preferred.
- Knowledge of the State of Florida statutes and rules associated with the School Readiness and VPK program a plus.
- Knowledge of early childhood issues and trends in Orange County FL a plus.
- Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbally and in writing preferred.
Please Submit Resume If you Meet the above requirements.
Apply for Chief Program Officer - Early Educational Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly