Online Faculty - Entertainment Business Final Project
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Online Faculty are industry professionals, developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. Online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grow in a holistic manner. This is a full-time, on-site position based in Winter Park, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking Online Faculty to develop curriculum, teach, and support students in Entertainment Business Final Project. In this course students synthesize learning from throughout their bachelor’s degree program as they use case studies to evaluate strengths and opportunities of an entertainment business and/or create a new entertainment business concept, iincluding identification of potential action steps and development of strategic plans.
- Serve as instructor for assigned courses
- Ensure successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct live synchronous online sessions weekly
- Conduct weekly virtual online office hours for student support
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to internal style standards
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades, attendance, and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Proven experience with business management, strategic planning, marketing, and/or finance in the entertainment industry
- Proficiency with industry standard software and hardware
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Entertainment Business, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Proven four years (minimum) related work experience in the event management industry, clearly identified with dates on the resume
- Preferred two years (minimum) online teaching experience
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
Online Faculty in our Entertainment Business Bachelor of Science Degree Program provide training in leadership, marketing, finance, intellectual property, and the main sectors of the entertainment industry. The program explores topics that are specific to the business of entertainment – artist management, distribution, and more – providing insight into the inner workings of the industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment. Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are Veteran, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com