Seminole State College of Florida is currently accepting applications for an experienced Security Shift Supervisor to join our team of dedicated Safety & Security professionals! This position supervises security officers, ensures traffic safety, protection of college property, students and personnel, and the preservation of good order and offers assistance to college personnel, students, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner. Investigates security-related incidents and provides information and research to supervisor / department leader and law enforcement. Supervisors are assigned to rotating shifts, and shift assignments are based on department need.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a security officer/guard or in a position with similar duties.
- Valid Florida driver’s license or a valid driver’s license from another state with the ability to obtain a Florida driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid/AED. If not currently certified, must become certified within 6 months of employment. Certification must be kept current and active.
- Security or related training certificate that meets or exceeds security requirements under Florida Statute 493 Class D License required. Certification must be kept current and active.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office programs (Word) and other applicable software programs (i.e. Security Camera/Access Control Monitoring).
1. Supervisory experience.
2. Completion of certificate or college coursework towards degree in criminal justice or public administration or related field.
1. Due to the number of personnel reporting directly to this position, and the need for emergency adjustments of work schedules, the following are necessary for this position:
a. In-residence telephone service or cell phone
b. Dependable transportation
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by 11:59 pm on February 20, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.