Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Campus Safety & Security. This position plans, organizes, staffs and directs the operations of five (5) campus and center sites, encompassing 80 facilities with over one (1) million square feet of space and 715 acres of property. Assists the Director in overseeing all Safety and Security services. Responsible for aiding the Director in developing and maintaining an effective college-wide safety and security program including 24-hour per day security for individuals and property on all campuses and centers, and traffic control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in law enforcement or security operations.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising security or law enforcement personnel.
- Class “D” Security Officer License.
- Valid Florida driver’s license or a valid license from another state with the ability to obtain a Florida license within 30 days.
- Security or related training certificate that meets or exceeds Florida security requirements.
- Experience working in an educational environment.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by 11:59 PM on March 2, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.