Seminole State College of Florida is seeking applications for our Director of the Center of Business Development. This position leads a team and oversees the operations of the Florida Small Business Development Center (FSBDC) at Seminole State College, the Central Florida Business Incubation Center, Seminole County Quick Response Training Grants, and the Corporate College program.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, economic development, public relations or marketing.
- MBA or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Ten years of experience working directly with workforce, economic development, business development and government entities related to business development
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by 11:59 PM on February 24, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.