Compensation & Recruitment Administrator
- Career Level
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a “Top 100 Family Friendly Company,” facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
In Human Resources (HR) Division, we continue to build on this success by striving to create an organization where great people thrive, partnerships prevail, and performance excels. We are seeking team members who are passionate about HR and who are committed to excellence.
Human Resources is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity. We are seeking a motivated, seasoned professional to serve in the role of Compensation & Recruitment Administrator. This position provides leadership in the design, development and implementation of County Compensation plans, County-wide recruitment and assessment processes. Orange County has over 7,000 employees and six collective bargaining units. This position provides expert advice and counsel to County senior management regarding these functional areas in HR.
- Directs the development, implementation and administration of compensation, recruitment and assessment strategies, policies and programs.
- Supervises and reviews classification studies and position audits to maintain consistent and equitable position classification and pay range assignment.
- Advises management on compensation issues to ensure that salary is internally equitable and externally competitive for new hires, internal promotions, transfers, etc.
- Administers the completion of the county-wide benchmark market study, salary surveys and salary data collection for projects or special assignments. Reviews job analysis to determine appropriate market pricing.
- Monitors federal, state, and local compensation and staffing laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of county-wide employment procedures, effective county-wide recruitment function and the development of short and long range workforce and employment objectives and strategies.
- Provides oversight and guidance on the development of selection and promotional assessment processes.
- Oversees the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) policies and procedures.
- Administers compensation, recruitment and assessment service contracts. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with providers and their representatives.
- Meets with the Human Resources Senior staff to develop HR strategies and initiatives, resolve human resources issues, work collectively to address ongoing human resources programs, initiatives and needs.
- Performs supervisory duties such as instructing, coaching, assigning work, planning, coordinating activities, allocating personnel, and other administrative duties.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, or a closely related field and six years of professional level human resources experience in compensation, recruitment, and/or testing/assessment to include three years supervisory/large project management experience.
Strong compensation experience.
Experience in public sector with a collective bargaining presence.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in specified areas of study.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) or Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
Posting Date: 02/06/2017
Closing Date: 02/20/2017
(Posting subject to close without prior notice)
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.