Online Faculty – Popular Culture in Media
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Online Faculty are industry professionals, developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. Online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grown in a holistic manner. This is a full-time, on-site position based in Winter Park, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking Online Faculty to develop curriculum, teach, and support students in Popular Culture in Media. In this General Education course, students learn the role and importance of popular culture, providing a rich background to understand the historical and social impact of media milestones in history, and the influence of popular culture on social trends. Course topics include genre studies, the uses of celebrity, the power of the audience, the effects of new technology and new media. Students learn to analyze broadcasts, advertisements, films, print, audio recordings, games, and web sites that make up and shape our popular culture.
- Serve as instructor for assigned courses (course assignments may vary based on instructor credentials)
- Ensure successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct live synchronous online sessions weekly
- Conduct weekly virtual online office hours for student support
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to departmental style standards
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades, attendance, and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Proficiency with industry standard software and hardware
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Master’s Degree in Humanities, Cultural Studies, Media Studies, or a closely related field
- Preferred two years (minimum) online teaching experience
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment. Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are Veteran, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.