Online Faculty – The Art of Oration (Public Speaking)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Online Faculty are industry professionals, developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. Online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grown in a holistic manner. This is a full-time, on-site position based in Winter Park, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking Online Faculty to develop curriculum, teach, and support students in The Art of Oration, which focuses on public speaking and oral communications. In this course, students learn skills in framing and articulating ideas through formal and informal speeches of varying length and audience. Throughout the course, strategies for impromptu speaking, formulating persuasive arguments, refining clarity of thought and enhancing confidence in oral self-expression are learned. Students prepare and deliver presentations, plan for an effective introduction and inclusion of data, and combine expressive ideas with a strategic use of visual and verbal vocabularies.
- Serve as instructor for assigned courses (course assignments may vary based on instructor credentials)
- Ensure successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct live synchronous online sessions weekly
- Conduct weekly virtual online office hours for student support
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to departmental style standards
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades, attendance, and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Proficiency with industry standard software and hardware
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Master’s Degree in English, Communication, Broadcast Journalism, or a closely related field
- Preferred two years (minimum) online teaching experience
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment. Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are Veteran, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.