Fiscal Assistant / Administrative Assistant to CFO
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
This is an administrative support position to the Chief Financial Officer.
The essential functions of this position are to provide complex and specialized administrative and fiscal support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Performs a variety of routine and non-routine administrative and accounting duties to include, but not limited to: composing replies to correspondence, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by others, and investigating, evaluating, resolving problems within scope of position, verifying, reviewing, and editing data and accounting documents; supporting the Finance and Audit Committee; serving as back-up to the Assistant to CEO; and working on special projects as dictated by departmental needs. This position works under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. This position is a HIPAA Workforce Member. Essential Functions:
- Performs a variety of complex and specialized administrative and fiscal support activities such as composing replies to correspondence, creating and summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by others, and investigating, evaluating, and resolving problems within scope of position.
- Take minutes of committee meetings and prepare agendas where needed.
- Coordinates the weekly/monthly calendars for the CFO and coordinates travel arrangements; prepares and processes travel check requests; and reviews Travel Authorization and Expense forms for compliance to policy prior to payment
- Performs a variety of critical recordkeeping duties; manages and maintains department’s recordkeeping and filing systems.
- Performs a variety of complex and specialized fiscal functions including, but not limited to: analyzing data; reports processing; documentation verification; preparing and editing daily paperwork such as correspondence, memos, requisitions, spreadsheets, databases and presentations.
- Processes documents of a legal and confidential nature; screens documents for accuracy, legality and authorization, and ensures confidentiality of information in the performance of duties.
- Coordinates, makes arrangements for and attends (as directed) workshops, conferences/seminars and committee meetings; coordinates meeting facilities and conference rooms; monitors department staff schedules.
- Assists in preparing drafts of Board committee items and monthly reports for inclusion in the Board application; reviews, proofreads and updates Board committee items with any necessary changes/revisions.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Two years of college in accounting, business or a related field from a regionally or nationally accredited institution, plus three years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field; two additional years of directly-related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted for one year of required education.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office applications.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in a finance-related field.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
- Works in an office environment
- Must be willing to come in early, stay late, and work weekends, as needed.
HIPAA Workforce Members:
- Newly hired HIPAA Workforce Members will be trained within four weeks of joining LYNX.
- In the event a newly hired HIPAA Workforce Member fails to complete this training within the applicable timeframe, they may be reassigned to a position that does not require access to PHI, or appropriate corrective action (up to and including termination) may be taken.
Pay Grade: 115
Pay Range: $17.19 to $27.08 per hour plus benefits.