Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
We are seeking a dependable Part-time Custodian to join our Blanchard Park YMCA Family Center in Orlando.
S/he must have flexible availability during peak times of business. This individual will ensure the proper cleanliness and upkeep of the Family Center; locker rooms, lounge / common areas, steam room, prep room and restrooms. This individual must be courteous, and able to efficiently communicate with members, staff, peers, volunteers, guests, and leadership. This individual will be responsible for all laundry services in accordance with Association procedures, including laundering of towels. The incumbent will assist with inventory control of supplies and tools; including stocking beverages, and other items, as well as the set up and break down of various stations. This individual will assist with the deliveries from the membership desk to the appropriate areas. Previous housekeeping / custodian experience in a spa or health club environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English)
- Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or member needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Must meet Association appearance and dress code standards
- Must be flexible and adapt easily
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude with fellow employees, members, and guests.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous housekeeping / custodian experience preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 50 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after eligibility requirements; including two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership and discounted rate for eligible household members.
- Career growth opportunties with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.