- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Winter Park, Florida
The Bursar’s Office at Rollins College is seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant to help provide student account and billing information; receive payments for tuition, fees and miscellaneous campus charges; provide collection of delinquent accounts; and deliver refunds and financial aid residuals after disbursement. Responsibilities include counseling students and parents regarding their accounts, daily maintenance of student accounts receivable, and processing third-party contracts to student accounts. We will also rely on you to generate electronic monthly bills for student accounts, lead on the implementation and administration of the Nelnet QuikPAY Enterprise System Development, and manage and coordinate the Parent Portal for AR topics. In addition, you will collaborate with the Communication Coordinator to design, develop and market innovative customer service and training materials.
- High school education plus one year of additional business, technical or college training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years of job-related experience
- Strong customer service experience and ability to handle difficult financial conversations
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with a focus on service, grammar, and accuracy
- Ability to manage conflict and make independent decisions
- Strong technical skills for pulling information, query writing, and updating of data within various software systems (Banner, QuikPAY, Florida Pre-paid, Access, Argos, TMS, etc.)
- Strong decision-making skills, especially during times of high emotion or conflict
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to financial records
- Knowledge/ability in the area of interpersonal relationships
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is a highly selective, comprehensive liberal arts college with approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation’s most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Florida’s oldest recognized college, Rollins ranks number one among 128 Southern master's-level universities in the annual rankings of "America's Best Colleges," released by U.S. News & World Report.
Rollins College offers an attractive benefits package featuring comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement savings plan with employer contribution, and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.